Monday, January 27, 2014

FINALLY GOT WORD FROM ELDER "LJ" MORA!!

Dear Mom/ Family,

Well where do I start. I finally made it to the mission field and I think I got assigned to an awesome area. My area is the San Francisco 6A North area. I cover the whole northern part of San Francisco and it is such a big city. It kind of reminds me of Mexico City a lot with all the graffiti, trash, and interesting smells, but all in all it is a very interesting city with some very beautiful places in town and some not so nice places.ha I cover Down Town San Francisco also and there are all sorts people walking the streets at any time of day. Mostly I deal with Spanish speaking people obviously, and we talk to people from almost every South American country. I have talked with El Salvadorians, Guatemalans, MEXICANS!, Brazilians, and a few other countries. The people in my ward are fantastic. They feed us traditional meals from their respective countries and it is tan rico! Oh by the way the name of my trainer is Elder Yellowhorse and yes he is Native American. He's from Provo, UT and his dad is from the Navajo reservations in Northern Arizona. He is a really young missionary (I'm actually older than him) and I am his first trainee. He is doing a great job and I really enjoy his help with Spanish. We both are new to our area and I guess in the mission field that's called shotgunning an area. I am really inexperienced and he has been out 3 months. It is a struggle to find people to teach in our area and I have been discouraged for last few days. This area is full of really nice people and also a lot of less nice people.  Some times its just hard to find those people that are ready to receive our message. I had plenty of really uplifting experiences despite the lack of success. I had the opportunity to give two blessings and I can't explain how it feels to finally exercise my priesthood to help others feel comfort and feel the blessings of the priesthood. Everything that is happening is for a reason and I know that the Lord will give me opportunities to serve Him. Well besides the area and the struggles, I love being a missionary and get stared at everyday while on the BART ( Bay Area Rapid Transit Train) and I love my ward and district. I'm happy to hear of the happenings at home and love you all. 

Love,
Elder Mora 

No comments:

Post a Comment